Chili con Carne is a popular food for parties. It’s easy to prepare and feeds a lot of people without lots of effort. I like the vegan version a lot, it’s healthy and tastes amazing 🙂 In this recipe, I used Quinoa, which is one of my staple foods, so: Chili con Quinoa!
Quinoa is a gluten-free and well-known plant from the Andean mountains. It has all the essential amino acids and contains (amongst others) B-Vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and iron. It’s a super healthy food and a great way to expand your meal plan.
This time I added some sweet potato chips for an extra crunch (I used this recipe by minimalistbaker) 🙂
I wish you an amazing rest of your day and enjoy the recipe! Do you also like Quinoa?
Chili con Quinoa
30 Minutes 3 Servings
Printable: Chili con Quinoa
- 1 red onion, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 garlic cloves, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup (ca. 100g) Quinoa
- 1 Can Kidney Beans (about 255g), drained and rinsed
- 1 small can Corn (about 140g), drained and rinsed
- 250g Tomato sauce
- spices (e.g. Chili, Piment d’Espelette)
- Heat up the oil in (big) pot.
- Saute the onions and garlic while stirring and reduce the heat.
- Rinse the Quinoa and add it to the pot, saute it briefly and add a little bit more than 1 cup of water (about 260ml)
- Boil it up and let it simmer at medium to low heat for about 15 minutes (with a slightly opened lid). Stir occasionally.
- Add the beans, corn and tomato sauce and heat it up.
- As the last step, add the spices and season to your taste! I used
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Mexican Allrounder
- 1 tsp Barbecue Spice
- 1 Tbsp Agave syrup