This creamy and warming sweet potato soup is one of my favorites for cold days. It’s simple and quick and really good to prepare and reheat the next day. The amounts are really easy to adjust and with a little bit of experience, you won’t need a recipe anymore.
I think it’s also a great dish to serve as a starter because it’s so easy to prepare and to cook a bigger amount of soup. For blending, I use my big blender, but an immersion blender works fine as well.
As an inlay, I would recommend croutons or, as a gluten-free/healthier option, roasted chickpeas (you’ll find the recipes below). As a topping I like to add coriander, the green color really optimizes the look.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of Provitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and B-Vitamins (especially B5 (pantothenic acid) and B6 (pyridoxine)).
What’s your favorite kind of soup? Do you like to add croutons or something else?
Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
45 minutes 2-3 servings
Printable: Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 sweet potatoes (ca. 450g), peeled and cut into small pieces
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 thin slice of ginger, cut into small pieces (if you like ginger, you can add more!)
- 200ml coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1 tsp curry spice
- pepper, lemon juice, agave syrup/sugar to taste
- In a pot, heat up the oil and saute the ginger.
- Add the sweet potatoes and saute them for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the vegetable stock (the sweet potatoes should be covered) and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes (the size of the sweet potato pieces determines the cooking time).
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, add the coconut milk and spices. Now blend it until it’s creamy.
- Season to your taste.
Roasted chickpeas (gluten-free option)
- 6 tbs canned/cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Spices (e.g. barbecue, pepper, curry, salt,…)
- Heat up the oil.
- Add the chickpeas and spices and roast for about 5 minutes (stir in-between)
- 1 slices of (whole wheat) Toast or soft bread
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Cut the toast into cubes.
- Heat up the oil, add the toast and lemon pepper and roast until golden.
Save it for later?