My boyfriend and I like to meet up at lunchtime some days to spend time together. Usually, we’ll eat at a coffee shop called Campus Suite. There’s a lot of food, both hot meals and snacks, and of course coffee and other drinks. They have a few vegan food options, but since my boyfriends vegetarian and not vegan, he always goes for the Surfcup Pasta. A really nice and creamy pasta, but unfortunately not vegan. Since I’m always a little bit jealous, I decided to try making this kind of pasta my own. The following recipe is just as creamy and super-yummy and I named it Surf’s up Pasta.
I haven’t seen a similar recipe and I’m all for the combination of the different flavors. We cook it regularly because it’s really easy and quick to make. To make it a little bit healthier, you could use full grain pasta. To make it gluten-free, you could always use gluten-free pasta.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as my boyfriend and I do 🙂 Have a great day
What’s your favorite vegan pasta recipe?
Surf’s up Pasta
ca. 20 Minutes 3 Servings
Printable: Surf’s up Pasta
- 500g Pasta
- 200ml Coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Ajvar (mild or spicy)
- 1 1/2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 5 dashes Salt
- 1/4 tsp Curry spice, yellow
- 1/4 tsp Garlic pepper or pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- optional: a little bit of Chili powder
- Cook the pasta according to instructions.
- In the meantime, heat up the coconut milk in a small pot.
- Add Ajvar and Tomato paste.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast.
- Add sugar, salt, curry spice, pepper, chili and lemon juice.
- Drain pasta, mix with the sauce and serve 🙂