A few years ago I often cooked with a friend of mine who also ate vegan. For the main course we had different dishes, but for dessert, we always made semolina porridge. We topped it with Raspberries, Blueberries, figs, cinnamon and some coconut sugar – so easy but so good! I totally forgot about it until this fall, but now I’m back to it 🙂
I like how easy and quick it is to cook and how it doesn’t need lots of different ingredients. Additionally, it’s filling and warming (perfect for those cold days) and with different toppings easy to switch up. My favorite kind is made with plant-based (vanilla) milk and topped with coconut sugar and a few berries on top. For glutenfree options, there are some alternatives made of millet or rice.
Semolina is a good source of protein and fiber. Besides that, it contains B vitamins, vitamin K and vitamin E, minerals and iron.
With fruit as a topping, you’ll have a really healthy breakfast to start your day right! I hope you’ll also fall for this easy and vegan dish! What toppings do you like best?
Vegan Semolina Porridge
10-15 minutes 2 (big) servings
Printable: Semolina Porridge
- 550ml plant-based milk (e.g. soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk,…)
- 80g spelled semolina
- optional: 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- While stirring, bring the milk to boil.
- Add the semolina with a whisk (and if you like to sweeten it, add the maple syrup).
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes at low heat.
- Serve with fruits, cinnamon, sugar, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate or hazelnut spread… and enjoy 🙂
Save it for later?